When you host an event or organize a fundraiser for Be An Example Youth Outreach, you're making a real difference in the lives of the youth and families we serve. It's an event with a purpose. It is because of the support from volunteers, companies, and community groups that we are able to not only continue the work we do throughout North Dallas, but also expand it. You make it possible for us to provide the life changing services we offer to thousands of young men each year.
How to Fundraise for Be An Example
As an event organizer, we ask that interested individuals follow the policies and best practices we have created to make the fundraiser the best it can be. Events should complement the mission and image of Be An Example, which is why we require all event organizers to submit their idea through a proposal, which will be reviewed by the organization.
Our process is simple, and ensures that you get the necessary resources to run a successful event.
For additional information, please contact our Fundraising Department 972-850-8791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Read the guidelines
To effectively lead a fundraiser, please follow the steps and guidelines below.
2. Choose an event. Need fundraising ideas visit https://fundraisingexpert.com/us/
Challenge Events – Participate in sports events for a cause, e.g.
· Cycling races
Personal Campaigns – gives individuals the power to creatively fundraise in their own ways
· Life Events: Weddings, birthdays, coming of age, graduations, anniversaries, reunions
· Memorials & Tributes: Giving in memory of in honor of a loved one
· Active Lifestyles: Training for athletic events, personal accomplishments, etc.
· DIY/Create Your Own: Dinner with friends, shaving off a beard, lemonade stands, yard sales
Community Events – ticketed and registration based events, e.g.
· Wine Tasting
Office/Company Events – allows groups and corporations to hold internal events for a cause, e.g.
· Jeans Day
· Brown bag lunch day
3. Set a date & establish details
Establish details and be able to answer the following questions:
· Who would you like to be involved?
· Will you need volunteers?
· When do you want the event?
· Where do you want to hold it?
After that develop a timeline for the event and work accordingly to it.
4. Submit an Application
With a plan set up, it is time to promote! Please contact Will Robinson for a Fundraising application.
5. Promote Event
Now it is time to let the world know about your event! Publicize and market your event.
· Distribute flyers around your community.
· Write up a press release to send to local news stations and newspapers
· Use social media
· Emails and e-invites could also do the trick
· We offer marketing assistance, upon request:
o Internal distribution to Be an Example employees regarding event
o Posting on website and social media platforms
o Setting up fundraising/donation page for event on website
6. Have fun!
Enjoy the event, take pictures, post it, tag us and make special memories!
7. Submit funds
After the event, make sure to collect all outstanding funds and pay any outstanding costs. Please contact the Community Relations Coordinator Rahkeim Davis to donate the net proceeds within 60 days of the event.
· All individual checks should be made payable to Be an Example. All individuals issuing the checks will receive a letter of gratitude from Be an Example, including all necessary 501(c) 3 nonprofit status information for tax purposes.
· If anyone pays in cash or provides “in-kind” support for the event, such as pro bono services or donated items, please keep a record of your contributions and so we can ensure they receive a formal acknowledgment letter.
· Thank you to all of our supporters!